Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Monday! What a wonderful weekend of celebration we experienced. My husband's dad turns 60 on Thursday so we celebrated his birthday with family and friends on Saturday. On Sunday, we headed to Lafayette, IN for our friend's daughter who was celebrating her birthday and 8th grade graduation.

On Thursday we will also be celebrating our 15 year anniversary. I've learned a lot over the last 15 years. When I got married at the age of 19, I had no idea what God would teach me about love. Yes, I loved Mike but I could not have understood the depth of love at that point. I have learned how to close my mouth when everything inside me wants to spill out, I have learned to put my own desires aside for the sake of my husband, I have learned how to love my husband even when he is acting unlovable and I have learned that my way is not always the "right" way. Now, do I always act on what God has taught me - absolutely not but none the less, He has taught me how to love in a way that is pleasing to Him.

Just like we learn each intimate detail of our spouse, God knows each of us. He knows our flaws, He knows our gifts, He knows our hurts, and He knows our hearts. He knows us better than we know ourselves, which is why He knows what is best for us. The best part is - He knows all this and yet He loves us anyway! Amazing, huh?!

God, I thank you for marriage and what it has taught me. I thank you for knowing me and loving me, anyway. I thank you for setting the example of unconditional love for us to follow. I praise You for your faithfulness in every aspect of life. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: