Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Matthew 12:43-45 "Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came'; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation." (NASB)

My Bible commentary:
Just cleaning up one's life without filling it with God leaves plenty of room for satan to enter. The book of Ezra records how the people rid themselves of idolatry, but failed to replace it with love for God and obedience to Him. Ridding our lives of sin is the first step. We must also take the second step: filling our lives with God's Word and the Holy Spirit. Unfilled and complacent people are easy targets for satan.

As I read this Scripture and commentary, I was compelled to share it. What truth and richness! God's will for us is not just trying to do the "right" things and be done, but to share in an intimate love relationship with Him. I used to see God as my dictator and disciplinarian but now I realize Who He truly is, as my Father who loves me unconditionally - a Father Who knows what is best for me and plans my life accordingly.

Do not leave your heart open to the schemes of satan, but fill it with love for God and for others by dousing it daily in the Word of God and applying His truths to your life. Life is not a set of rules and regulations but a love relationship.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: