Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hello friends! I love the way that God continues to teach me lessons each day. I think I've shared with you that I had my last speech class last night and our final was to do a 35 minute group presentation. When the project was assigned, I volunteered to put everyone's material together in an outline and also complete a PowerPoint presentation of the material. I explained that I only had one condition - that others in my group would get me everything in a timely manner because I was not one to throw it all together at the last minute.

About every other day, I sent out an email to my group, explaining and reminding them of exactly what I needed and gave a deadline as to when it needed to be turned into me by. (What do you mean? Of course, I'm not a control freak!)

Class is on Tuesday, so I explained that everything needed to be to me on or before Monday so I could finalize everything. Although, on Tuesday morning I received some material and very nicely, incorporated it into the project. I was missing one person's information, but at 1:00pm on Tuesday, I finalized everything and printed the necessary copies for our class that evening.

At 2:30 Tuesday afternoon, I received a phone call from the last person and asked if I could enter his information if he sent it to me right away. I explained that everything was complete and if he wanted to add anything, he needed to print off his info and staple it to the already completed documents. Although, he explained how crazy his week was, I was not going to budge.

I got off the phone and the conviction began. I quickly pushed it aside and continued on my day. I convinced myself that if he couldn't have his work to me on time, that was his problem and not mine. I was in the right and he was in the wrong.

As I drove to school, the conviction became greater and God continued to put Proverbs 3:27 in my mind "Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do so."

Did I have the power to add his information to the group project? Yes. Was I withholding the good that I could have done for a man with a hectic week? Yes. Could my stubbornness have cost him a better grade? Yes.

Once again, another lesson learned. Showing compassion is a struggle for me and God continues to give me opportunities to be more compassionate. This is one I failed.

Lord, please forgive me for not showing your grace, mercy, love and compassion to others. Help me to see others as You see them. Give me Your eyes so that I can see. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Have a great day!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: