Thursday, June 18, 2009

Good morning my bloggy friends! As I opened my Bible this morning, a little plastic tab from a keychain I got when I completed the 40 Days of Purpose, fell out. On the front of the tab it says "Ministry - You were shaped for serving God" and on the back "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others. 1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)".

It reminded me of my responsibility as a Christian. In our Bible study group, we are studying the book of Luke and just discussed last night about how we shouldn't give our lives to Christ, be saved and leave it at that. Once we are saved, we need to use what God has given us in order to serve Him and serve others.

I remember a time when someone asked me what gifts I had and I honestly believed that I didn't have any. Are you there too? I now, understand what gifts God has blessed me with but that came through time. Time, of trying new ways of serving to really find where I fit. I have also found it helpful to take some spiritual gifts tests. There are many different gifts tests out there - some more vague and some very detailed. I have taken paper tests given by our church and also online tests that reveal truths that you may not even realize.

I want to encourage you to find an online test today and take it. If you are not sure where you fit in serving God and serving others, take a risk and try serving in some new and different ways - God has a way of placing you exactly where He wants you! Happy serving!

I am headed out of town this afternoon and won't be back until tomorrow night, so have a great weekend and I'll talk with you on Monday!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: