Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Friday my bloggy friends! This morning I read Matthew 11:1-19 and then the commentary on those verses. The commentary for verses 16-19 really gave me a good slap in the face. Here's what it said: Jesus condemned the attitude of His generation. No matter what He said or did, they took the opposite view. They were cynical and skeptical because He challenged their comfortable, secure, and self-centered lives. Too often we justify our inconsistencies because listening to God may require us to change the way we live.

OUCH, ouch and ouch! First of all this made me question whether I challenge others about their lifestyles like Christ did or just be quiet so I don't cause conflict. Then, that last sentence really convicted me. Especially when it comes to my children, I have considered the thoughts "everybody else lets their kids do it, should I? I don't want them to feel left out." or for myself, "are others going to think I'm crazy for doing or not doing this? I really want to fit in and be liked."

Lord, help me to think, act and speak more like You. Remind me of Your will and Your way so that my will and my way will be pushed aside. Give me the strength to be a light for you in all ways. In Jesus Name, Amen

Have a great day and a great weekend!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: