Monday, June 15, 2009

Good morning and happy Monday! :)

After talking about overcoming sin and addictions on Friday, God has brought me to this topic again today.
Romans 7:15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

Romans 7:18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.

I think we can all relate!

Isaiah 48:17-18 Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to My commandments! Then your well-being would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea."

Again, we try to find happiness in our fleshy desires and in this world but it is through following Christ and His commandments that we can be truly fulfilled.

You may be thinking that following Christ is too hard but I wonder, how easy is your life right now? What consequences are you facing for your sins? How are you hurting yourself and those around you by following your own desires?

Just like a child does not always like to obey their parents, but one day realize that they are thankful for what their parents taught them. God knows what is best for us, even when we don't think He does - even when we want to choose for ourselves.

Even when circumstances are not what we want them to be, we must trust that God is in control and we can gain all strength through Him.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: