Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Do you ever make things bigger than they need to be? I definitely do. I tend to make comments bigger than they really are or situations more dramatic than they need to be. I also sometimes make God's will for me bigger than He wants it to be.

There have been times when God has asked me to do one simple thing but instead of doing that one simple thing, I make it into much more. I add what I think would be really cool or really helpful. Being enthusiastic is good at times, but when I add to what God wants me to do, I'm really just being disobedient.

I also have swayed the other way. When God has asked me to do something really big - much bigger than me, I may slim it down to what I think I can handle. Again, disobedience.

Matthew 13:31-32 He presented another parable to them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field; and this is smaller than all other seeds, but when it is full grown, it is larger than the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches."

Say yes and let God take care of the rest!!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: