Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I read about Peter being put in prison by King Herod for being a part of the church in Acts 12 today. As he was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with chains, an angel of the Lord awoke him and told him to get dressed and follow him. The chains fell off and he was able to walk out of the prison without harm or interference. This gave me such encouragement to know that no matter how dismal a situation may be, nothing is impossible with God.

I recently was talking with a friend who is experiencing some really tough times. I could empathize as she felt like climbing into a hole and never coming back out. I could only pray and assure her that through God, we can overcome anything. I could assure her because I have seen it in my own life. I realize that sometimes that is much easier said than done, but just as in Acts 12, our God is always faithful - even and especially when you are in the midst of suffering.

Believe in your heart, today, that God will carry you through the circumstances you face. Trust in the One who is trustworthy.

Christie

No comments: