Thursday, June 26, 2008

I have been working with a marketing firm on making my messages more impactful and I have been working on rewriting my "Is that You God?" message which is about the different ways that God speaks to us and how to determine when it is God speaking. I will be speaking on it on Sunday morning at Colfax Christian Church so I'd appreciate your prayers for God's words to slip from my mouth.

Anyway, as I read the book of Jonah this morning, in chapter 2 verse 10 it said that the Lord spoke to the fish and it spit Jonah out onto the shore. I thought about how I spent many years of my Christian life without hearing God. It wasn't that He wasn't speaking, but that I wasn't intentionally listening. If God spoke to a fish, how much more willing would He be to speak to His children.

I want to encourage you to be intentional about looking and listening for God, today. He is always speaking, the question is - are you listening?

Have a great day hearing our God
Christie

No comments: