Friday, June 20, 2008

Hello y'all! I'm blogging from Charlotte North Carolina today, y'all. Y'all thought my southern drawl was bad before, just wait till I get back. God and I did it again. He pulled me through when I just wasn't too sure about doing the whole flying thing. I can't say that I enjoyed flying, but I can say that I did it - only with the strength of God. The flight to Atlanta was very odd - I felt as though my head was floating and was afraid if I moved it too quickly I was going to lose my breakfast so I spent much of the flight with my eyes closed and my head laid safely on the seat. The flight from Atlanta to Charlotte was better - we flew at a lower altitude and my head didn't float. It's always a positive when your head isn't floating. I'm not excited about the trip home, but again, I know that God will help me through each second.
God is already at work. There were 2 women sitting next to me on the second flight who were also attending She Speaks. They had missed the deadline to sign up for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel, so we gave them a ride in our rental car. As we waited at the airport for our luggage and car, I got to know them very well. They both are from Florida and have a great passion to serve God in their women's ministry in their local churches. It has been a blessing to meet them. We saw them again at dinner last night, before we went to our room for bed and then came to breakfast at the same time this morning. God has placed us together for a reason and I can't wait to see what it is.
I was also able to reconnect with LuAnn Prater this morning who was my speaker mentor last year. She is a wonderful woman and gave me the confidence to step out and speak about what God has done in my life.
God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

I'm off again to see what all our Lord has planned for me today

Christie

1 comment:

much2ponder said...

Sounds like your having a wonderful time. Some year I will go to this conference.