Friday, April 11, 2008

Life can get so busy sometimes that we forget to slow down and enjoy people around us. I had the opportunity to get together with some girlfriends last night and have dinner. It was so nice to catch up and enjoy each others company. I think I had forgotten how good it feels to take the time to really connect with people. We were at a restaurant and when the waitress approached, she asked my name. As I looked up at her, I saw a familiar sweet face. Her name is also Christie and she lived across the street from me while we grew up together, spending many many hours playing together. After college she moved to Vegas and I haven't seen her since. What a very cool reunion we had. Not only was she working there, but her mom and brother were there too! God never ceases to amaze me. I was so encouraged by the many stories of God's faithfulness that my friends and I were able to share last night. I want to encourage you to take some time soon to reconnect with people you love but don't take the time to visit. It will be a blessing.

Please also be praying for my husband. He starts his new job on Monday and the butterflies are starting. I know that he will do a great job but sometimes the unknown can make us fear.

Have a great day as we are God's lights in this world
Christie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

much2ponder said...

I hear you, so true! I am trying to pay closer attention to those the Lord puts in my life daily. Thanks for the reminder