Monday, April 28, 2008

Isaiah 48:17-18 Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to My commandments! Then your well-being would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea"

This verse brings me much encouragement and I hope it does for you as well. God wants us to profit, He wants to shower His blessings upon us. It is when we decide not to obey His teachings that we open ourselves up to discipline and missed blessings. If we make the choice to follow and obey, God says our well-being and righteousness will be increased.

I have one more encouragement for today - I had found myself over the past few days, feeling like the blessings God has bestowed upon me were too good to be true. It was more than I could believe that God has given me a wonderful loving family, true friends, a new house and a new job for my husband. I began allowing satan to tell me that something had to be taken away. It was all too much for a sinner like me. I began to worry about what God would take away from me and when it would happen. As I drove to church yesterday, God reminded me of a verse I shared with you awhile back. A verse that I said would be my new life verse but had so easily forgotten. Mark 5:36 ...."do not be afraid any longer, only believe"

Today, I say to you as I continue to remind myself - do not be afraid any longer, only believe

Have a great day as we believe in the mighty works of our Father
Christie

No comments: