Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Good morning all my bloggy friends! It is a beautiful sunny spring day here in Illinois and I can't wait to get outside. I talked yesterday about how we view trials and then last night in our small group, we again discussed how God builds character through our struggles. The Bible tells us to expect trouble in our lives, not try to run from or avoid them. If Jesus faced trials and temptations, then why would we be different? I have a piece of paper taped to my desk that reads : "GOD'S GOAL FOR YOUR LIFE IS NOT COMFORT, BUT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT". This is true and I need it as a reminder each day - especially those days when I'm lost in my own little pity party. We should be comforted by our relationship with our Savior but never comfortable. Being comfortable in all you do usually means that you are not doing what God is asking of you.

Have a great day as we worship our Lord in all we do
Christie

No comments: