Monday, August 31, 2009

I posted early Friday morning that I was sniffing around and my bad day intensified as the day went on. It ended up being a crash day. A day that I allowed satan in my mind and believed his lies. My heart hurt as I ended a 12 year long job and without a new job in sight, I became more depressed as the day went on. I know the truth - I know that God is in control and has a perfect plan for me but I made the choice to focus on myself, how I felt and all the what if's. When it was time to work on homework, I turned on the tv instead. When it was time to leave for dinner with some Christ following women, I forced myself out the door knowing that it would do my heart so good to be encouraged by them but half-way there, I turned around and headed home. As I was driving, the tears flowed and I cried out to God. I released all my thoughts, doubts and fears to Him. As I did, I received a text message from a friend that said "Be still and know that I am the Alpha and Omega and I am in control." What sweet assuring words. When I got home, I was greeted with a loving hug and kind words from my hubby and I headed off to bed for some much needed rest. After a good 12 hours of sleep, I was re-energized and ready to face this life with faith that moves mountains.

Do you ever have "crash" days? If so, what brings you out of them?

I am so thankful to be loved by a God that knows my heart and loves me anyway!

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: