Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Good morning my bloggy friends! Are you ready? I've got something really hard to consider.

Matthew 18:15-17 tells about how Jesus wants us to deal with other Christians who sin against us and guess what, it is not how we normally react!

1. Discuss his fault with him in private.
If that doesn't work...
2. Take one or two other Christians with you to discuss the issue in private.
If that doesn't work...
3. Take the issue to the church.
If that doesn't work...
Step out of the relationship knowing that you have obeyed Christ.

God wants us to live in harmony and love with our fellow believers. Often, when someone offends us we avoid them in hate or resentment, gossip about their actions, or look for revenge. These reactions are totally against God's will for us so we must make the choice to go to the person, first. Now, this doesn't give us the right to just jump on anybody who makes us upset but they are guidelines that help keep believers connected with one another.

Ouch! This hits really hard at home for me. Unless it is a very close relationship, I very rarely go straight to the person I have the issue with which means I am disobeying God's will for me and those I am in relationship with. Obviously, there are some offenses that should just be brushed off and forgiven but on a major issue, I will try harder to go straight to the person.

How about you? Would you be willing to take this challenge with me?

Have a great day!
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: