Thursday, August 13, 2009

When my impatience gets the best of me as I am waiting on the Lord, I get frustrated and wish that I knew the future. As I read about Jesus predicting His death for the third time to His disciples in Matthew 20:17-19, I realized that knowing the future can be a very burdensome thing.

How frustrating it must have been for Jesus to tell His companions about His upcoming trial, scourging and death and only receive misunderstanding and greedy thoughts of position in the kingdom.

God knows what is best for us and that is exactly why we are not to know what the future holds. One thing we can count on in the future is that God will still be in control and He WILL win in the end.

I will choose to bank on His faithfulness today instead of making wishes. How about you?

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: