Friday, August 14, 2009

Good morning and happy Friday! In Matthew, Jesus continues to remind his disciples that we are not here to be served but to serve others, just like Jesus. Jesus had a servants heart and we are to have a servants heart.

I easily fall into the trap of looking out for #1 and living my life in a way that pleases me, and not being concerned with others and their needs.

Selfishness will get us nowhere - it does not please God and it defeats the purpose for our lives.

I can think of several things in my life that need changing because of my selfishness. One being, I have a few elderly friends and relatives that I used to take the time to stop by and visit with often, that I haven't seen in a long time. I can so easily tell them that I am just too busy and can't find the time but Jesus wouldn't say that. If I can find time to do what I want to do, I can find the time to be a blessing in the lives of others.

Lord, thank you for putting opportunities in my life to be a servant. Help me to see those opportunities and then respond in a way that is pleasing to You and a blessing to the person I can serve. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Have a great day and a great weekend

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: