Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm sad today. It is the first day of school and I'm missing my kiddos already. This was the first summer in the 12 years I've done daycare that we've been able to really enjoy our summer together. In years past, I've watched so many children over the summer that there hasn't been much time for my own kids but with only 3 daycare kids this summer, we have had a blast together. Since I'm currently searching for a new job, this is more than likely my last summer with my kiddos. :( It was so good while it lasted!Yesterday we took Nathan to the skate park in Pontiac. He had a blast! He has been practicing all summer and really has amazed us with all his new skills.
Saturday night we had some fun together in the yard - our own little olympics. Here is Liz and I having a race. I was running for all I had and Liz took a nice little jog to beat me.

Yes, I was in a crazy mood - crazy enough to let Nathan jump over me with his bicycle.
As Mike and the kids were jumping their bikes over this ramp, they made it look so easy. So, I decided to stop being a stick in the mud and do it too. Mike tried to warn me against it since they all claim I am the most uncoordinated person in the world, but I knew I could do it. I started about
a block away to make sure I had enough speed and came flying over the ramp but unfortunately as my front tire hit the ground, I went flying off the bike. When I finally came to a stop, I couldn't breathe and hurt everywhere. Believe me, I am still paying for this mistake today as my entire body hurts. I've learned my lesson and have decided that I better not try to be fun any more!
Hope you had a great weekend and enjoy your day today!
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie




2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Just wanted to tell you that I grew up in Chenoa. :0) Amy

Christie Todd said...

Amy-
My husband grew up in Chenoa too. His name is Mike Todd and he graduated in 1991. His entire family lives in Chenoa so I wondered if you knew any Todd's?