Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Proverbs 15:33 The fear of the Lord is the instruction for wisdom, and before honor comes humility.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before stumbling.

1 Peter 5:5 ........clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

Yesterday, I spoke about God humbling my heart, once again, over the weekend. My selfish pride tends to rear its ugly head quite often and many times my sweet Savior brings humility to me. It is the things that I am most prideful about that He works on the most. I looked down on those who were afraid until I suffered from debilitating panic attacks which God used to change my heart. I looked down on those who couldn't overlook their differences and stay in a marriage until it was my marriage that was falling apart. Thank God that through His grace and our diligence, our marriage is now stronger than ever. I looked down on those who could commit adultery or even look at someone else besides their spouse, until I realized how much I enjoy attention from the opposite sex. God does and will humble those who are prideful. He continues to remind me that I am His child, I am His princess and He loves me unconditionally but I am no better than anyone else.

We are all sinners. We all need Jesus. My sins are forgiven, but I am still a sinner.

It is time to stop judging and start loving. We are all in this together!

Have a great day!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: