Monday, March 30, 2009

Good morning and happy Monday my bloggy friends! I'm still chuckling and nodding my head over the writing by Lysa Terkeurst on Friday's post. She cracks me up!

What a wonderful weekend we had with the opportunity to share in the celebration of baptism. My husband's aunt and brother were baptized yesterday and we were elated with their decision. It all took place at our previous church and it was great to see faces that I hadn't seen in a long time. We then had a big party at his parent's home with friends and family. What fun!!
Dan and Peg have made a vow - they accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and live their lives for Him.

We were discussing vows last night in our small group. The Bible tells of many who made vows to God: Jacob Gen 28:20, Jephthah Judges 11:30-31, Hannah 1 Samuel 1:9-11 and many more. We must be very careful what we vow to God.

I have made the vow to God that I will say yes to Him even when I am afraid and do not understand. Well, once again, I am in that state.

I thank God because He provided a home for us. We have been looking since January with no avail. We purchased a home in our town and then it all fell through a few weeks before closing. Through much prayer, God lead us to the house we are to live in. It meets each of our needs.

There is one problem though, it is in another town. We will be moving from Chenoa to Fairbury which is only 10 miles away but when you have a daycare in your home, 10 miles in the opposite direction of your daycare parents' work, causes issues. I have one daycare family that is still debating but all others have told me that they will be finding a new childcare provider to keep from the extra traveling. So, the possibility of having no job is very concerning to me, to say the least.

What will happen? I don't know. What will I do for an income? I don't know. But what I do know is that I will make the choice to trust in my Lord. I will plant myself in His Word and resist the devil.

I thank you for your prayers for us to find a new home. Praise God, our prayers have been answered! Will you please pray for this new adventure I am on with finding a means of income?

Now, don't get me wrong - I would love to not have to get a job and be a stay-at-home mom who volunteers her little heart out but I'm thinking that when you take a loan out for a home they actually want you to make payments on it - crazy idea! :)

You could of course also be praying that my husband gets a HUGE raise which allows me not to have to work - that would be quite cool too!! :)

Thank you for praying - I'll keep you updated on this crazy little thing I call LIFE.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: