Friday, March 20, 2009

Good morning and happy Friday! It has been a long week and I'm ready for the weekend! I was reading the first chapter of John this morning and it really got me thinking. God had a great purpose for John - to prepare the way for Jesus. It was John's job to tell others about Jesus, so that they would know Him. What a HUGE responsibility!

John knew his purpose and he obeyed. Can you and I say the same?

I know that I have more than one purpose in my life but for many of them, I have run, run, run from. God has asked me to do some really hard things for me. For me, but not for Him. It all comes down to not just accepting God's calling and purpose for me, but obeying and acting on it.

I am a slow learner, but I am learning to obey, little by little. I say yes to something small and then see God's faithfulness. The next time, I may say yes a little sooner or depending on the size of the task, I may still back away.

God's faithfulness never changes - my obedience is my choice to trust in His faithfulness.

I will say yes today. I will say yes before I even know what God is going to ask me to do - scary but that is what faith is all about - trust! Will you say yes today too???

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: