Friday, March 6, 2009

OUCH!!! I am learning that going to the rec center is a bad, bad thing! I've shared with you before that I enjoy walking each morning before the rest of my family rises. Lately, I've added a little jogging into my morning routine - about 1/2 and 1/2. So when we met some friends at the rec center last night, I thought - no problem! My friend, Christi and I began walking the track. I noticed her strides were much longer than mine and she could keep up a very fast pace, but of course, feeling like a professional, I suggest to her that we walk 1/2 and jog 1/2. MISTAKE! She informs me that she normally runs 2.5-3 miles at a time. Yes, I said RUN. Let's just say after about 10 laps I thought I was going to die! I asked if we could just walk - sure - but her walking is like my jogging. I couldn't let her know that she was killing me, so I continued on acting like everything was fine. My shins began to burn, my hip was hurting and I had a sharp pain shooting through my back into my tailbone. I could fake it no longer as I limped along. She suggested that maybe we should stop and take a break - hallelujah!!! I went straight home and into my bed, falling instantly asleep. Let's just say - I'm glad it's Friday!

Oh, the pain of pride!! I must get rid of this nasty habit!

Have a great day and a great weekend!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: