Thursday, March 26, 2009

John 14:1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in god, believe also in Me."

You never know what you may learn from a child!

As several things were already overwhelming my mind, I began reading the syllabus for a class that I will begin in a week. As I read over all the assignments and what I would have to learn, my insecurities came through full force and I began to hear those lies from satan: you aren't smart enough to be in college, you will never have enough time to get your assignments done, you don't have the ability to learn these things they will be teaching, you might as well quit now.

My 13 year old daugther walked in the room and noticed my despair. I explained that I was feeling overwhelmed by the information I just read. She gave me an immediate response in a very non-chalent way; "Mom, you don't need to worry about all your assignments, just look at the one that needs to be done before you go to your first class - the rest will take care of itself."

Words of sweet wisdom. How I love it when my children give back what I have shared with them in the past. Maybe, just maybe they really are listening. :)

In our Bible study group last night, I was able to share this story with a friend who is hurting financially and was worried about what the future may bring.

We must learn to focus on today. Why worry about tomorrow when we don't even know if tomorrow will come. Now, don't get me wrong - this is much easier said than done and I feel like a hypocrite even allowing the words to come from my mouth, but it is truth.

Matthew 6:34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: