Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Good morning and happy Wednesday! Do you remember as a child, having lunch with your friends - making one of them laugh hysterically, and milk shooting out their nose? As an adult, I have come close at times but haven't had that experience since - that is, until today. I wasn't laughing, but as I took a drink of hot tea, it slide down the wrong pipe and I began to cough - trying to hold it all in, I lost control and shot most of it out my nose onto the kitchen table. I looked up trying to compose myself to see the horror on the little faces of my daycare children. In disgust, one three year old pipes up "why did you do that??" No one asks if I'm alright, no one asks to help, as I continue to cough up a lung and my nose burns like it was just set on fire, they just continue to stare at me in wonder.

Actually the stares of confusion by others is a pretty normal sight for me. I haven't been one to fit in the norm. Thank God, He is always changing me. He is teaching me that I don't have to "fit in", I just have to follow Him. Following Christ will make you change. It will cause people to look and you funny and be stumped by your actions. The thing that gives me strength during those times is the truth that God never changes.

Malachi 3:6 "For I, the Lord, do not change;

While crazy things happen in our lives, our God doesn't change. While my heart continues to change, our God doesn't change. When I am tempted to trust myself instead of God, our God doesn't change. When I do wrong or when I do right, our God doesn't change. When others think I'm crazy, our God doesn't change.

Praise God for never changing!

Have a great day
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: