Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Good morning! I had another great evening at class. I continue in "Orientation for Adult Studies" where I'm learning how everything works and where everything's at. I have already been blessed by the people I'm meeting - from the instructors to the students. I picked up my books for the rest of the semester and was intimidated by the size and amount of reading that I will do in each six week class, but I continue to remind myself - God brought me here and He will bring me through. Here we go!!

Our small group is studying the book of Malachi. As I began reading yesterday, some verses jumped out at me and really made me think. Malachi 1:6 "A son honors his father, and a servant his master. Then if I am a Father, where is My honor? And if I am a Master, where is My respect?" says the Lord of Hosts to you.......

OUCH! The question cuts me like a knife.

If I say that God is the Lord of my life - why do I put my desires over His?
If I say that I am a woman of faith - why do I choose fear over faith?
If I say that I love the Lord - why do I not show that love by my thoughts, words and actions?
If I say that I put the Lord first - why do I end up there so often?

The Lord is asking us - where is My honor and respect?

It is our choice. I have no one else to blame but myself. I want to honor and respect my Lord.

Lord, give me the strength to put You where You belong in my life - at the #1 spot. Give me the fire and passion to serve You over myself. Make satan's lies clear to me and prompt me to ignore his lures. You know that my heart truly wants to bring glory and honor to you - I just tend to get in the way. In Jesus Name, Amen

May this be the prayer of our hearts each day as we love and serve God.

Have a great day
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: