Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good morning my bloggy friends! Obedience is hard sometimes - trusting God is hard sometimes. Does it depend on the situation if you chose to or not? I was reading John 9:1-12 where Jesus heals a blind man. Now, He doesn't just say, "you are healed" but He spits on the ground, mixes His spit with dirt to make mud, wipes the mud on the man's eyes and then tells him to wash it off in the river. Miraculously, when he obeys, he can see.

As I read this story, I couldn't help but notice this man's obedience. He didn't ask Jesus why He was rubbing spit mixed with dirt on his face or why he had to wash it off in the river - he just trusts and obeys. The Bible doesn't state that this man was a devoted follower of Christ or someone who even knew who Christ was - He just obeyed and was blessed.

This truth truly humbles me as I think of my relationship with Jesus, the time that I spend with Him, the faithfulness He has shown me over the years, and yet I continue to disobey and not trust. I say that I want to, and then I do not.

What crazy thing is going on in your life that you are not trusting God with? What has He asked you to obey that you are not?

I will choose to trust and obey today - will you?

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: