Monday, March 23, 2009

Good morning and happy Monday! This is the first day of spring break around here - which means lots of children and lots of CRAZINESS! Please be praying for me!! :)

We had a beautiful weekend and we took every opportunity to spend it outside. Saturday we spent at Humiston Woods as a family and with the dogs. What an experience! Since we live on 5 acres, our dogs run free so when you put leashes on them and expect them to walk beside you in the woods, it causes quite the problem. I started out with Cooper, our 80 pound yellow lab and he proceeded to drag me through several inches of mud. It didn't take me long to hand him off to my husband and take our 45 pound lab who was much easier to control.

After church on Sunday, we headed to Starved Rock with some friends. We were much smarter and didn't bring the dogs and we enjoyed the exercise, fellowship and warm weather. (I have pictures that I'll post later, but the camera cable is in my daughter's room and she is still sleeping)

After returning, my husband was heading out of our driveway and accidentally ran over our dog, Grace. We weren't sure of her internal injuries and after calling around for help from all the local vets without any luck, we loaded her up and headed to the Animal Hospital in Bloomington. They did a wonderful job of taking care of her, took some ex rays and concluded that she probably just had a concussion. We are taking her to our normal vet today to make sure she still doesn't have any internal bleeding. She is moving extremely slow and definitely isn't acting herself, but hopefully within a few days she'll be feeling better.

I hope you had an enjoyable weekend and are refreshed and ready for your Monday.

Mark 5:36 ......"no longer fear, only believe"

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: