Friday, May 30, 2008

Jeremiah, as a prophet, had the job of telling the kingdom of Judah that if they moved and settled in Egypt that God would destroy each and everyone by famine, plague and sword. The people didn't believe the message that God gave them through Jeremiah. Previously, they asked Jeremiah to pray to God and ask Him His will and they would follow. But when the answer was not what they wanted to hear, they conveniently didn't believe Jeremiah any more.

This reminded me alot of myself. I desire God's will until it doesn't coinside with my plans. As God continues to work in my life, I can eventually learn to accept God's will over my own, but I want to work on doing it much more quickly. Also, in Jeremiah's message, God specifically told the people not to disobey Him. I too can relate because there are many things that God specifically tells me not to do that I do anyway. It isn't until afterwards when I'm in a big mess, that I realize why God told me not to do it. Why do I think that I know better than God!!?? It is very frustrating to me, but I have to remind myself, that God is faithful and won't give up on me. I'm so glad because I've got a long way to go.

Are you doing something that you know is disobeying God? Make today be the day that you realize that God knows much better than you and obey.

Have a great day
Christie

No comments: