Monday, May 12, 2008

I love working in the yard and I got a great opportunity to do just that on Saturday with my family. I was working on a bush that was dead and trying to dig up the root was harder than I expected. I was able to easily remove the dead branches above the ground, but couldn't even break the surface of the ground in order to dig up the huge root. I called over my husband and even he couldn't get it out so we left it and started working on the next project.
As I worked, I realized that this is no different than my spiritual life. God is my root and my foundation. There have been many times that my actions have left my connection with God feeling dead (like the surface branches) but His root is planted firmly in me. Nothing can take my Foundation away from me. My sweet Jesus has given me eternal life and no one or no thing can ever take that away from me! Praise God!

Also, I would like to ask that you pray for my grandparents. My grandpa has suffered some very unusual physical ailments over the last couple weeks and the doctors cannot figure out what is wrong. He is continuing to go downhill but has been transferred to a new hospital for different tests. My heart is breaking as I see him suffer. Thank you

Have a great day as we stand on our Firm Foundation
Christie

No comments: