Thursday, May 15, 2008

It hit me yesterday that I told you all about our move to the country, but didn't show you any pictures of our new home once we got here.
Here's the house

There's about 5 acres, but alot is covered by an old pig farm that is coming down this summer. Part of the front yard


Part of the back yard, our garage and shed



I thought I'd better start out in the room that looks lived in the most - our daughter's. In her defense, our son's doesn't look much better but I had a baby sleeping in his when I took the pictures. Don't worry, I did make her clean it last night.



Here's my favorite room in the house. It's a four-seasons room that looks out over the back yard. It has officially become my writing room because it is so peaceful.




Here's another favorite - a large eat-in kitchen. For those of you who know me well, know that most of my entertaining is done here. I love to feed people, maybe it's because I love to eat too!








Here's the dining room. Yes, I know it's missing something! I would like to have all the furniture be a dark cherry wood. I was so excited to find the corner cabinet at a garage sale for $50! If any of you would like to donate a cherry wood table for my naked dining room, feel free!





Now on to the living room. It is a beautiful room that we haven't seen much of since we moved. Life seems to be running at a hundred miles an hour lately so there hasn't been much time to sit down. I would like to use it someday.





It has worked out well that I can have my daycare in the finished basement. God knew exactly what we needed and provided it all. We continued to be humbled by His faithfulness and sweet blessings.
Thanks for stopping by
Have a great day
Christie

















2 comments:

Kathy said...

You have a beautiful home! I remember the days of having my daughter at home...her room looked exactly like that. I figured she knew where everything was so I tried not to mess up her 'system'. haha. Enjoy your new country home.

much2ponder said...

I love your new home. Thanks for sharing.