Friday, May 23, 2008


Here is my sweet boy with the awards he won yesterday at school. He won the citizenship award in which he is voted by others due to his kindness, generosity, helpfulness and attitude. He received a set of 2007 coins for this award. He also won the spirit award. He explained that there are a group of adults including his principal, who watch the children throughout the year on their behavior, involvement, school spirit, and attitude. This award winner receives a trophy with his name engraved on it and he keeps it for a year and then returns it to the school for the next year's winner. We're so proud of him!



Next is our beautiful daughter. She is involved in many activities including basketball, softball, band and chorus. She does excellent at them all and received this award yesterday for her excellent acheivement in band. She plays the clairinet and is very talented at it. Unfortunately, she has made the decision to no longer play in the band after this year. Her hard work over the last two years has really paid off when you hear how beautifully she plays. We are so proud of her!

O.K. - enough with bragging on my children. :) :) I originally took today off to go camping over the long weekend, but now we are not going camping, so I have the opportunity to stay home by myself all day long!!!! Did you hear what I said? I get to stay home by MYSELF!!! All you mom's out there know exactly why I'm so excited. I am praying that I can accomplish much on my book proposal today. It has been a bit overwhelming and since I have less than a month to have it ready for my publisher appointments, I want to get a large chunk done. I also have been preparing myself to do God's will today and not just mine. I sometimes get a one track mind and everything else seems like an interference.

I ask that you pray for God's words to flow through me today and also on Sunday as I will be speaking in Fairbury. My goal for this year was to speak at least once per month and I am excited to tell you that for the last two months I've spoke 3 times per month. God is so good!

Have a great day
Christie

No comments: