Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I read this morning about the mother of James and John asking Jesus to put her sons at His right and left in the Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus responds by telling her that it is not His decision to make, but only His Father's. Then as his disciples are angry at the request, He explains that only the last will be first in the Kingdom and we must be servants to all.

I can somewhat understand this woman wanting the very best for her children. I too desire wonderful blessings for my children throughout their lives but I also know that the only way we grow in our faith is through hardships. I hate to see my children hurt and my first response is to make everything better for them but I must allow consequences to make them into the people that God wants them to be.

Just because I have desires for my children, does not mean that God has those same desires for them. I want to desire God's will in their lives instead of my own. I pray that I will never get in the way of God's plan for their lives.

Have a great day giving your children to our Lord
Christie

1 comment:

Kathy said...

It just amazes me that you can hit the nail on the head so accurately every time. My daughter (24) is going through some tough times and you're right, I just want to kiss it and make it better. But I know that she has to live this out and she will be closer to being what God wants her to be. Have a wonderful day. My prayers are sent on high for your grandfather.