Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I was reading in Daniel 8 this morning - I read about the vision that Daniel received and in verse 15 he sought to understand it and God provided an angel to explain it. I was just thinking about something similar yesterday. There are many times when I worry, debate, or think over something on my own and not even think to ask God for understanding. For example, I shared with you the other day about how I had to make a decision between going to visit my grampa in the hospital or go to our small group study. They are both very important to me and I thought about the decision for most of the day until it finally hit me that I needed to pray about it and ask God what He wanted me to do. DUH! It wasn't but a few minutes after I prayed that I received a phone call from our pastor telling me that our small group study was cancelled for that evening. So God gave me the answer - go to the hospital. God will provide the answers and wisdom that we need, but we need to be intentional about asking for it. I want to get better at praying for God's will immediately instead of waiting until I can't decide what to do. I encourage you to do the same.

Have a great day seeking God's wisdom
Christie

No comments: