Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Good morning my bloggy friends! What a wonderful 4 day weekend I had. I was able to get alot accomplished on my book proposal on Friday, over the weekend I got alot of yard work done, I spoke on Sunday in Fairbury and then was able to spend time with family on Memorial Day. Whew! It was good!
No more news yet on my gramps, but we're hoping that some specific tests results will be back today that will give us some answers. I can't say they'll be good answers, but at least some answers. Please continue to be praying for my grandparents.
On Sunday, I gave a message about how to discern when God is speaking to you. Just a few of the many ways He speaks to us and then how to know if it is God or just what you desire. I was talking to a woman about it afterwards and we discussed how in the churches we grew up in, they didn't teach about God speaking to us. We concluded that there are many Christians that have no idea how to be intentional about hearing God because they were never taught that God can speak to them. I know I spent many years of my life being confused about how to know what God wants from me. This conversation and realization really bothered me but it also gave me even more of a passion to tell as many people I can about Jesus and about how He wants to be a part of every aspect of our lives. God can and does speak to His children, but we must be intentional about listening for Him in our lives.

Begin being deliberate about seeking God today!
Christie

No comments: