Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We studied the book of Jonah last night in our Bible study group. I explained, that it was "my" story. I too, was alot like Jonah. I knew what it was the God was calling me to do - to speak publicly about what He had accomplished in my life. But for many years, I pushed every opportunity away, believing that I could not face the challenge. I pushed His calling down deep in my heart until I had almost forgot it was there. I had experienced panic attacks since I was 15 and did not think that I could physically or emotionally deal with the anxiety and fear that public speaking would bring on. It wasn't until I was pushed (many times) by a friend and affirmed by God, that I finally accepted my calling and made the decision to step out and trust God. Once I made that commitment, God has been so faithful in providing the strength and peace that I need to fulfill His calling for me.

I want to encourage you today, to say "yes" to God. You do not need to be qualified or confident in yourself - but confident that all things are possible with our God! Say yes and let God do the rest. Fear should never be your guide!!!!

Have a great day standing strong in our Savior
Christie

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I can definitely relate to this one. I had been asked on several occasions to share my faith story at church and adamantly refused. I can talk all day, about anything and everything, but the thought of standing in front of a group of people nearly made me break out in hives! Finally, I accepted the challenge to share my story. I figured that God must think I have something important to say or he wouldn't have kept nudging me repeatedly in various ways to do so. I prayed and prayed for courage and strength to get through it without passing out and you know what...it was fine. I made it through because of God's strength.

I was recently asked by a good friend to share my story again at her Mother-Daughter banquet on Mother's Day weekend. This time I inserted part of the pastor's sermon (yes, I actually have the sermon) that really changed my life. It was much easier the second time.

If you are interested in reading my story, you can find it on my blog at: myspace.com/kathtown It is truly amazing what we can accomplish when we listen and pay attention to where God's leading us!

Have a wonderful day.