Friday, July 31, 2009

The paneling in my family room has been annoying me since we moved in. Yesterday, I got a wild hair to tear it down which in turn, meant tearing out the fireplace too. It was a lot of hard work in a very short amount of time because I had to have the room back in order for my daycare kids today. I worked and cleaned until late last night but got the job complete. My hubby has a wall to tear out tonight and then the revamping of the room can begin.

That room would have continued to annoy me if I hadn't done something about it. It took an action on my part.

In Matthew 17:24-27 Peter is asked if Jesus is going to pay the temple tax. Since Jesus didn't want to offend the tax collector, he instructed Peter to go fishing and open the mouth of the first fish he caught and in it would be enough money for the temple tax. Peter's tax would be paid, but he had to take action in order to receive it. Could Jesus have made the money appear in Peter's hand instead, sure, but He wanted him to take action to receive the provision.

All that we have comes from God's provision but sometimes He wants us to be active in receiving it.

What is it that you want or need that God wants you to take action in? God is fully capable and giving you anything and everything but in what ways are you stepping out to trust Him?

Have a great day and a great weekend!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: