Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm baaaaaccckk (and somewhat conscious) after a long weekend. My family and I worked a lot on our kitchen. It's not completed yet but it is getting close. I finished up stripping wallpaper or should I say, paste that sticks like super glue on Friday and then it was painting, painting and more painting. We decided to paint the cabinets until we could afford to buy new ones - I didn't realize that I have a total of 40, yes I said 40 doors and drawers in my kitchen. I was elected to sit in the garage and sand and paint them. I'm thinking they were just tired of me giving my opinion (bossing them around) in the house. Let me just say, that painting 40 doors and drawers with two coats of paint on both sides with 6 hours in between each coat, takes a LONG LONG time! I really hope they look great when we get them put back up!

I learned something in class last night that I thought was interesting and hadn't heard it before. We were studying the creation of the universe and had stopped on Genesis 1:7-8. "God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so. God called the expanse heaven. And there was morning, a second day.

According to my professor, the "waters below" are our waters here like oceans, lakes, ponds, etc. The "waters above" was a vapor canopy above the world. This vapor canopy was like a terrarium where the evaporation and condensation made the world self-sustaining and so didn't need rain. After the flood, this vapor canopy was no more and it was then that the suns rays were more penetrating on humans. People lived 900 years or more before the flood, but after, peoples lifespans became shorter and shorter.

I thought that was really cool and wanted to share.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: