Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Well, I told you I'd post pics yesterday and here they are:
Me and my lil sis, Courtney (I told her that I was going to take a poll of who you thought was younger but I guess I blew it when I told you she was my younger sister!)
Courtney and hubby, Jordan
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
When I was in high school, I was addicted to marijuana. I not only craved it's mind altering power but I loved the smell and taste of it. When I met my husband at 16, he put a quick stop to me doing any drug. He gave me the ultimatum of these things or him. Since I was head over heels in love, I gave it all up to be with him and didn't look back.
Yesterday, I took the kids to a park and noticed all the garbage laying around. I began filling the trash can with litter while the kids played. As I was finishing up, I spotted something shiny in a corner of a building and went over to pick it up. As I bent down, I realized that it was a homemade pipe for smoking marijuana. Wondering if I was right, I lifted it to my nose and smelled that old familiar smell. My mind instantly went back to the days of my addiction and for a second, I thought about how much I loved that smell, taste and feeling. I threw it away and thought about how easily temptation comes to our lives. Something that I hadn't even thought about in years, came flooding back in an instant.
The lure of temptation is always around. Just because we have overcome a temptation once does not mean that it will never be back. Satan is prowling and does want to destroy you! Also, be careful of judging those who fall to temptation because you think you would never fall to it. I remember thinking or saying that I would never fall to a temptation like so and so did, only to find myself in the midst of it years later.
One thing I do when a temptation floods my mind, is catch it quickly, tell satan to get behind me and try to think about something else. He is trying to get a foothold and I want to try my hardest not to let him. Now, I do not catch it every time but when I do, I thank the Lord for helping me to see it.
What is your current struggle of temptation? Do you have a specific method to overcoming it? I'd love to hear about it!
Have a great day
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: