Monday, January 5, 2009

Good morning, my bloggy friends! I'm back to normal life and normal schedule. No more time off now, for a LONG time!! :( I have really enjoyed the last two weeks. I had lots of time with my family.

Thank you for praying for me, yesterday. I spoke at Arrowsmith Christian Church and Colfax Christian church. I was amazed, once again, at God's faithfulness. His words flowed from my mouth and not only impacted those I spoke to but also my own heart. He is so good and reminded us all that NOTHING is impossible with Him.

Since the pastor was gone, a woman in each church, stepped forward to facilitate the service. They both shared how nervous they were and how far from their comfort zone they felt. It was nice to know that I wasn't the only one God was making uncomfortable, but even more, it was a great seg-way into the message that nothing is impossible with God. He has such a great way of putting people exactly where they need to be.

God knows what is best for us, whether we agree or not. I was reading Mark 2:23-28this morning, about Jesus' disciples picking grain on the Sabbath and the Pharisees getting their noses out of joint about it. God didn't give us the Sabbath for His benefit, but for our own. He doesn't gain anything from it, but knows that we need physical rest and spiritual connection. It is our choice to honor the Sabbath and keep it holy, not to follow the rules or to appease others, but to realize and respect that God knows what is best for us.

Do you believe that God knows what is best for you? Are you willing to submit to His will even if it is different from your own? Be careful of your answer - it may mean coming far from your comfort zone!! :)

Have a great Monday!
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I do so kicking and screaming at best some times. Although I find when I don't resist and just follow what He thinks is right for me. I am much more at Peace and able to breathe. It is very hard to step out of my comfort zone where I am in control. But, I am learning that I am not in control. It is a long and hard process. At least for me.

Kathy said...

I don't think I ever really believed that God knew what was best for me until I was offered my current position. This was a far cry from anything I had EVER done in my working life, but I let Him lead me and it turned out to be a wonderful blessing. I have made wonderful friends, I travel much less, my financial situation was improved, and I learned a LOT of new things. I am so thankful for that V-8 moment! God is so good!