Friday, January 30, 2009

Good morning, my bloggy friends! It's Friday!!!!! In our small group, we are studying sections of the book of Isaiah. In particular, this week, we are studying about the prophecy of "the servant" (the Messiah):

52:13-15 the shocking servant
53:1-3 the sorrowing servant
53:4-6 the smitten servant
53:7-9 the silent servant
53:10-12 the satisfied servant

What a powerful description of our Savior is in these passages. I encourage you to read over them and remember the servant life that Jesus lived and the sacrifice that He made for each of us.

Then consider - Am I following His example by living a servant life? Am I willing to serve, even when it's difficult or inconvenient? What sacrifices do I need to make in order to better serve God by serving others?

Have a great day and a great weekend!!!

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: