Friday, January 23, 2009

Daniel has seen some very disturbing visions and he is afraid. A "man" comes to him (most likely an angel) to bring him comfort and says to him "Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words." (Daniel 10:1-12)

Cool Cool stuff! When you set your heart on understanding and humbling yourself before God - stuck out to me like a flashing fluorescent sign. I spent many years thinking that people who "heard" from God were crazy. I had never heard from God, so I assumed they must be making it up.

I've also had many people look at me like I'm crazy when I share what God has spoke to me or what He is leading me to do. The difference between now and then, isn't God, but me. He is always the same, He never changes, He patiently waits for me. For me - to set my heart on understanding, on humbling myself, on patiently waiting for Him, on seeking Him with everything I am.

When I truly seek - I truly hear. When I truly seek, my desires are heard and He will respond - just like in Daniel's situation.

Also, do not confuse not hearing God with hearing God and not wanting to do what He asks. I can admit that there have been many times that the Holy Spirit has prompted me to do something and I quickly blow it off with every justification that I can think of. It doesn't change that God was speaking to me, it just changes my response to His calling.

I challenge you to look and listen for God in every situation today. Write down how many times you experience Him and let me know. I want to hear everything from admiring His creation, all the way to earth shattering revelations.

Will you accept the challenge???

Have a great day and a great weekend

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: