Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I was reading John 4:1-26 about Jesus talking to the Samaritan woman at the well. This woman knew that the Messiah was coming (vs. 25), but she didn't know that He was standing right in front of her.

It made me stop and think - how many times in my life/in my every day routine, is Jesus right in front of my face and I choose not to see Him? How many times do I allow my will, my desires, my schedule, to keep me from seeing Jesus?

How many times has He put people in front of me for a reason and I ignore them or push them away with words or actions?

How many times has He provided exactly what I needed at the very moment that I needed it and I take it all for granted, not even taking the time to say thank you?

How many times have I told God that I want to say yes to Him, no matter what He asks, only to say no when He does ask?

Dear Lord, help me to see you. Take away all of me so I can truly see all of you. Give me the strength to choose You over all the distractions in my life. In Jesus Name I pray, AMEN.

Have a great day
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: