Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our God is such an amazing God!! I stand in awe of Him as I watch Him orchestrate every detail of my life.

For the past several years, I have attended the Hearts at Home Conference (www.hearts-at-home.org) in Bloomington, IL. Through this conference, God has brought great revelation to me. When I registered online this year, I felt the tug to sign up as a volunteer. I wasn't sure what it would bring, but I checked the volunteer box.

Yesterday, I received an email from the volunteer coordinator, including a list of jobs and asking what I would want to do. I noticed that there was an opportunity to be a speaker's assistant, which I thought would be so cool, but wanting God to direct me, I replied to her email stating that I was open and available to do whatever they needed. Before I hit send, I prayed and asked God to put me in the place that He wanted me.

When she replied, she stated that they really needed me to be a speaker's assistant which would include helping the speaker with anything she needed (introducing her before sessions, running her book table, directing where she needs to go, etc.). I was so excited and thankful to have this great opportunity to get to know and learn from another well-known speaker.

This year, I won't be attending the conference in my normal, comfortable role, but am so excited to see what God will teach me through this new experience.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: