Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good morning my bloggy friends! We talked about Jeremiah 1 on Friday and yesterday. In several of the verses, God spoke words that give us great confidence and encouragement. Vs. 5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;" Vs. 8 "Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you," Vs. 19 "They will fight against you, but they will not overcome you, for I am with you to deliver you,"

What sweet encouragement from our God! These are things that I need to be constantly reminded of because satan loves to remind me of how incapable and insignificant I am.

Moving on to chapter 29:11-13 "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me when you search for Me, and I will listen to you, you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

This may sound a little crazy, but for the last several years I have wanted this verse tatooed on my body. My husband isn't keen about it, so I haven't and won't but what an amazing verse.

Why worry? God's plans are already set for us! Why fret? He wants us to seek our hope in Him. He is everlasting, He is always good, He is always faithful, He is always true, He will not leave us, He will not forsake us, He loves us no matter what!! I have to say that again - our God loves us unconditionally. That was very difficult for me to understand or believe for a very long time, but now I know, His love for you and I never changes. When we do good, He loves us. When we do bad, He loves us. Period. It doesn't change.

I am so thankful that the God who plans my life will always love me. How about you??

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: