Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good morning my bloggy friends! I have a correction to make from yesterday's post - I put the wrong website address for the church we attended in Lafayette - it's www.churchalivewc.org.

Throughout your life, have you ever felt totally hopeless and helpless? Have you ever been so troubled or terrified that you felt like you had no strength left - like it was just impossible to go on? Have you ever been so burdened that you couldn't move?

I'm sure many of you can answer yes to this question - I can also. Daniel also felt this way. In Daniel 10, Daniel is terrified by a vision. We talked a few days ago about the angel that came to Daniel to bring him comfort. Verses 17-19 is dialog between Daniel and the angel who has the appearance of a man.

"For how can such a servant of my Lord talk with such as my Lord? As for me, there remains just now no strength in me, nor has any breath been left in me." Then this one with human appearance touched me again and strengthened me. He said, "O man of high esteem, do not be afraid. Peace be with you; take courage and be courageous!" Now as soon as he spoke to me, I received strength and said, "May my Lord speak, for you have strengthened me."

What a great reminder to us all. Irregardless of what's happening around us, how terrified, troubled or burdened we are - our strength comes from God. We learned earlier in verse 12 that because Daniel had a humbled heart that desired understanding, his pleas were heard and God responded.

Daniel's new found strength and courage came from the Lord. He could endure, not because of anything he did, but because of what God did. The same is true for us. Are you hurting? Are you worried? Are you feeling alone and abandoned? Are you searching for peace and strength? It comes from One and only One.

Lord, I pray for freedom. Not freedom from pain, but to be free from being consumed by circumstances. Help me to remember that strength and peace only comes from you. Help me to remember to pray first, not last. Lord, fill me with Your strength this day. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: