Friday, January 16, 2009

It is officially a wonderful 15 below zero outside. It is still only about 55 degrees in my house. All I have to say is: Brrrrrrrrrrr. The wood burning stove is blazing, so like yesterday, we'll probably be sweating in a couple of hours.

I read some wonderful words from the Lord yesterday morning, reread them last night to my family and then back to them this morning.

In Jeremiah 1:4-9, Jeremiah says "Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.'

Then I said, 'Alas, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, because I am a youth.'

But the Lord said to me, 'Do not say, 'I am a youth,' because I send you, you shall go, and all that I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you,' declares the Lord.

Then the Lord stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, 'Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.'"

Commentary: Often people struggle with new challenges because they lack self-confidence, feeling that they have inadequate ability, training or experience. Jeremiah thought he was only "a youth" too young and inexperienced to be God's spokesman to the world. But God promised to be with him. We should not allow feelings of inadequacy to keep us from obeying God's call. He will always be with us. When you find yourself avoiding something you know you should do, be careful not to use lack of self-confidence as an excuse. If God gives you a job to do, He will provide all you need to do it.


Oh, such good stuff - and at such perfect timing! I have just had a few situations this week, when I have encouraged people to obey God's calling for them - whether scared or not. Jeremiah and I have much in common - not believing that nothing is impossible with God. I said much of those same words and had feelings of inadequacy when God called me to share what He had accomplished in my life. After years of arguing with Him and believing that I knew myself better than He did, I finally said yes and He has taken care of everything else. I believe that it will be the same for you.

Say yes today - wait not one minute longer - allow God to show His faithfulness to you - hang on to Him and go for it!! You are His child, what more do you need to know??!!

Have a great day
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Your post seemed to be speaking directly to me. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Hope y'all warm up soon. It's cold in Southeastern NC, I can't imagine what it's like there. Don't want to imagine that kind of cold.

Kathy said...

Ditto on Deanna's comment. If we would only pay attention more to what the scripture is saying, we can probably hear tons of scriptures speaking directly TO US! Have a great weekend.