Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sometimes, life is just plain stinkin' hard. I really don't know how guys feel during those Jr. high and high school years, so I'll speak for the girls - girls are just plain MEAN! As our daughter and I have just begun her "puberty years", I am so reminded of my own. Millions and millions of dollars would not even tempt me to go back.

I'm a fixer - it's just who I am. I cannot sit and listen to someone's hardship without trying to help. Well, last night, I was reminded again of my lack of control. My daughter was badly hurt by somethings that had been going on at school. I asked "what can I do to help you?" Her response, "nothing - just understand." I think it was one of the very few times that I just listened and didn't try to fix anything. As I remembered all the tears I cried during those difficult years, wishing I had someone to talk to about it, I shut my mouth, listened and cried with her. When all was said and done, she thanked me for just listening and said she felt so much better to just get everything off her chest.

I'm tearing up just thinking about the whole thing. I am so glad I had to opportunity to just listen which isn't a strong point for me. Are you a good listener or like me, are you always talking, thinking you are giving the person all the answers they need?

John 16:33 "These things I have spoken to you; so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

Have a great day
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: