Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yesterday, I ended my post with the decision to trust. Again, I was reminded of trusting God as I read Daniel 6:16-28. We learn the story of Daniel and the Lion's Den from preschool, up, but as I read it this morning, it brought new insight to me on the faithfulness of God.

We have no control over what others are going to say, do or think but we do have control over how we respond. When in a difficult situation, we choose whether we will fly off the handle, blame others, get angry, be filled with fear, etc. or trust in the One who is trustworthy.

In worldly terms, Daniel had alot to be fearful of. He also was being treated unfairly. But nothing stopped him from believing in the God he believed in. Nothing stopped him from seeking God in prayer. Nothing stopped his trust in God. Nothing.

What causes you to stop trusting? What difficulties have caused you to doubt, wander, or make the wrong choices?

God never changes. He is always faithful. He is always trustworthy.

It is your choice. Will you choose to trust?

Have a great day

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: