Friday, October 31, 2008

Yea, it's Friday!! Since our daughter's basketball season began, I feel like we've done nothing but RUN. Although I truly enjoy watching her team play, I am excited that the only thing on my agenda for tonight is to spend the evening on a date with my husband. I'm not quite sure what it will consist of, but even if it's just staying home and relaxing on the couch - I will be a happy woman. Since our kids no longer go treat-or-treating and since we now live in the boon docks, they are passing out candy at grandma's. This leaves only one thing to do - go on a date with my hubby. I'm actually working on a list of all the things I've been meaning to talk to him about but haven't had the chance. I'm sure he'll be thrilled! :) :)



Back to James - 1:9-11 "But the brother of humble circumstances is to glory in his high position; and the rich man is to glory in his humiliation, because like flowering grass he will pass away. For the sun rises with a scorching wind and withers the grass; and its flower falls off and the beauty of its appearance is destroyed; so too the rich man in the midst of his pursuits will fade away."



What is your pursuit in this world? Is it to gain more, to have more? What are you sacrificing to get whatever it is that you want?

Don't put money and posessions over God's desire for you. He doesn't care about what kind of car you drive, how much you have in your bank account, or what kind of house you live in - He does care about how you live your life.

Have a great day and a great weekend

Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: