Wednesday, October 29, 2008




Wooooo Hoooo! I'm doing a happy dance! My baby girl - my 12 year old baby girl - won the Twin County Basketball Tournament!!!!! Yeeee Hawww

Ahem.

O.K., let me rephrase that - the Prairie Central 7th grade Hawks won the Twin County Basketball tournament last night. Can you tell, we're just a little excited and exceedingly proud around here this morning???!!!!!

Thank you for your prayers of protection over her team and also over Mike's grandma. Her surgery went very well and she was feeling no pain when we visited with her last night. Praise God! Please continue to pray that her recovery goes quickly.
Now, that we've got all that taken care of, let's move on to James 1:5. "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him."
It was about 8 years ago that I truly began to desire wisdom. It was the beginning of the time in my life when I really wanted to be totally commited to living my life as a Christ Follower. I started attending an adult Sunday school class and could see the wisdom in others around me. I so desired that wisdom and knowledge of God's Word.
I will never forget the day that I was feeling so overwhelmed with the Bible. I wanted to know what it said, what God said, what He wanted for me, what He wanted to do with me but I didn't even know how to begin. Then it hit me - I knew that the Bible said that if you ask for wisdom, God will give it to you. I remember getting down on my knees and pouring out my heart for God. I told Him exactly how overwhelmed I was feeling and my desire for more of Him.
From that point on, He has answered my prayer by continuing to give me a passion for His Word, He has prodded the discipline of studying His Word each day, through the process, He has spoke His Word into my life and into the lives of others. Praise God for His faithfulness. This was just another instance that makes me trust Him more! He hears and answers our prayers. He wants to speak to us through His Word - He wants to give us His wisdom but we can't just expect Him to instantly fill our head and heart without any effort on our part.
Are you asking God for His wisdom and then not doing your part? Do you expect knowledge and wisdom without spending quiet time with God - without studying the Bible - without showing His love to others?
It is a process, all of God's wisdom doesn't fall on you instantly, but when you seek it, He will give it to you. He will give it to you if you truly desire it - what are you doing to gain His wisdom?

I had someone tell me the other day that they wanted a closer relationship with God. They wanted to hear from Him and to know His desires for them but they just couldn't find the time to read the Bible or spend quiet time with God. In love, I explained that I didn't believe that they did truly want more of God.
When you truly want something, you go after it - right? If you want to go out to dinner with someone - you ask them. If you want to lose weight - you exercise and eat right. If you want something - you work at it.
In James 1:5, we have learned that God gives generously to those who ask. Ask for God's wisdom today and then open your heart and eyes to receive it in everything around you.
Have a great day
Living fearlessly in Christ
Christie

No comments: